PDA

View Full Version : The Origins of "Rotten Apple"

HYJAK
06-05-06, 12:54 AM
Now everyone can stop bitching.

Lloyd Banks did not steal this from Papoose.

It's an old song from 50 Cent. It's also mentioned by various other NY rappers including Method Man on Tical O Judgement Day.

Just for those people who think he stole it, it's an old term.

Da Facecard
06-05-06, 01:23 AM

It's an old song from 50 Cent. It's also mentioned by various other NY rappers including Method Man on Tical O Judgement Day.

thanks for the info:pimp:

Xpress Urself
06-05-06, 01:25 AM
okay !! propz i guess

50 CENT
06-05-06, 07:05 PM

word^^ i can up 50's track "rotten apple" if anyone wants it..

n just for those that dont know, the term rotten apple that banks is usin for the title of his album refers to the big apple in New York. So basically hes sayin that New York is kinda fucked up, or the rap scene in NY is Fucked up :nerd: :D

SAW
06-05-06, 07:30 PM
Are You Fucking Serious?

The Term Rotten Apple Was Used WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY Before 50 Cent Or Even Rap For That Matter. I'm Not Sure Of The Exact Origin But I Know New York Has Donned The Nickname For QUITE Some Time Now

N'Ron
06-05-06, 07:34 PM
wheres all this controversy comin from?

50 CENT
06-05-06, 07:41 PM
Are You Fucking Serious?

The Term Rotten Apple Was Used WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY Before 50 Cent Or Even Rap For That Matter. I'm Not Sure Of The Exact Origin But I Know New York Has Donned The Nickname For QUITE Some Time Now

hmmm.. i never knew that. u cud be right in what ur sayin, but i thought it was from 50 coz its onli recently that NY has started to get abit fucked up n shit.. :undecided:

SAW
06-05-06, 09:16 PM
but i thought it was from 50 coz its onli recently that NY has started to get abit fucked up n shit.. :undecided:

Dude ... New York Has Been Fucked Longer Than Just Now ... You Put 20 Million People Together In One Space Of Land Things Are Bound To Be Fucked Up.

HYJAK
06-05-06, 11:42 PM
I knew it was a generic term for NY

g-click
06-06-06, 06:26 PM
ya, i think that track rotten apple, is from 50's album guess who's back

Xpress Urself
06-06-06, 06:31 PM
Are You Fucking Serious?
word!! so HYJAK makin this thread was pointless..well all know NY is ROTTEN APPLE...

HYJAK
06-06-06, 11:57 PM
Fuck you XU. I made this thread because people were saying all kinds of shit like Banks stole it from Pap etc... I'm just clearing shit up like a good forum member does, instead of just bitching at everything, like U do...

sorry for bitching

Shane_Holloway
06-07-06, 12:12 AM
thanks for clearing that up man.

i still think its a strange name for an album lol
he should of just went with something like "Gang Green"