PDA

View Full Version : Boy Better Know Signed...

DJC
10-04-06, 07:01 PM
Remember where you heard this first, From an official Source, Mike Skinner and his label 679 Recordings have now signed the crew, this is official news, from an official source (Owner of ukrecordshop)...this will be a big move for BBK cuz its already an urban label, so they aint gonna have to sell out to sell some records and go commercial...this could also create some BIG collabs within the label, seeings as Kano, Plan B, The Mitchell Brothers & Prof Green are all signed to the label...This coming year is gonna be big for Boy Better Know...and they deserve this shit aswell, keep on grindin!

doodydean
10-04-06, 07:09 PM
great news for them man they making moves no doubt...but like jme has said he wont ever sell out and i hope he stands by his word when he does that shit !

DJC
10-04-06, 07:18 PM
^Yup...and also, more info on this...in the contract they signed...they aint gotta have the labels A&R's...So this means, JME is his own, Skpeta is, Frisco is, Wiley is...
and also, if wiley wants to do a Roll deep album/mixtape, it comes out through Roll Deep not 679 unless the whole crew decides to!
Wileys own albums/mixtapes come through both BBK/679 & Big Dada Recordings!
and like Tinchy Stryder, how he got his mixtape released through BBK, if an artist asks BBK if they can release through there vrew, so they got BBK's producers and guests...then teh shit will be released through BBK as a crew, and the artists individual label or 679 depending on what the artist who approached BBK wants!

So there aint much changed really other than The crew gon be making a bigger pay check...and some more promotion and push behind them! They gon blow!

doodydean
10-04-06, 07:20 PM
sounds sick that man...damn we said bbk would blow next year its been earlier than we think !

DJC
10-04-06, 07:22 PM
haha true true, but i think JME's double mixtape wont be released on 679 seeings as they havent had any input...so it still might be next year when they blow...but its still gonna be big when it finally happens!

doodydean
10-04-06, 10:01 PM
yeah man...the mixtapes will be independent but the album will be under them..theyve got soem good artists too work with too...i just dont want them to go comerch

Scope
10-05-06, 02:42 PM
They been working hard for along time, they deserve this. Props.

doodydean
10-05-06, 04:01 PM
was messing around in ps earlier and i made this :D

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2377/boybetterknow1qm4.jpg

Binsteez
10-05-06, 04:06 PM
Haha, nice nice.

DJC
10-05-06, 04:38 PM
:rofl: Thats crazy man!

and Binsteez, im feelin the sig man!

oh yeah DD...yano your friend is in a uni in liverpool, which one is he in man? is he in John Moores Liverpool...cuz if he is, and he raps, writes, producers, or sings or Dj's...tell him to get his best stuff ready man, cuz urbeatz are goin to two uni's on north west, john moores and i aint to sure what other one yet but we got a workshop goin on, and anybody with talent can get signed or a trial ting...so if he does do any of them, and he is at john moores, inform him on it man, and tell him 2 get some good work ready...and ill keep you posted on teh dates for when we goin, and ill also find out what other uni we goin to, if he isnt at john moores!

doodydean
10-05-06, 05:10 PM
haha man thanks and bins sig was made by yours truly :D....my friend doesnt do anyhting to do with rap so i guess he loses out :(...o and that akala song i sent you..yourll have heard it as the lyrics for it are in your sig :D haha