PDA

View Full Version : OK...UK Lesson....

DJ Rokz
10-02-06, 10:37 PM
I Need A Uk Lesson.... How Much Yall Rappers Make? Do They Sell Millions?

Like What Are The Biggest Beefs Ever In The Uk And What Is The Tupac Of The Uk....yall Got Different Styles Between Regions??? Whos The Biggest At The Moment????

Killaduce
10-03-06, 01:23 AM
.. me .. xcept i dun speak like em :rofl:

AcE626
10-03-06, 03:35 AM
i also wanna know this too...

jonzz
10-03-06, 09:42 AM
They dont sell millions, at all.

Sway was like the biggest commerical hiphop artist that came out last year but he flopped.

The Streets (If you can call them HIPHOP) sold the most, over 3-4million sales.

Rest are all underground, hardly any are signed, etcetc.

Binsteez
10-03-06, 10:58 AM
Lol, the streets are shit as.

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 11:35 AM
sounds like they suck....

DJC
10-03-06, 03:45 PM
I dont even know why your askin this shit man, you was the dude that was sayin all uk music was garbage :strange:

doodydean
10-03-06, 04:21 PM
word ^^^
and rokz your probs only asking so you can make a few 'connections' with the artists..wont happen man, trust!

jonzz
10-03-06, 05:07 PM
any person in uk is too stuck up to be gettin connections with 15 year old dj

DJC
10-03-06, 05:10 PM
^Haha true true, i couldnt get hit at that age, and i was doin shows and shit...but if you gonna air the scene out before you even hear what we got, and then you go and ask shit liek this?!

Fuck outta here!

poyser666
10-03-06, 06:56 PM
Lol, the streets are shit as.

the streets r goood....im listenin to prangin out now:tongue: mike skinner is the only english artist i like

DJC
10-03-06, 06:58 PM
^The remix is better than the original though man, u gotta admit that!

poyser666
10-03-06, 06:59 PM
^The remix is better than the original though man, u gotta admit that!

wi pete doherty?

DJC
10-03-06, 07:02 PM
nah, the grime remix man, the one with all the UK Mc's on, they got a video to it aswell if u aint seen, and the hooks got teh same theme just different words, i like it more than the original, but the ideo to the original is kinda freaky, seen that shit the other night!

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 07:10 PM
wow,yall are ignorant,i ment what i posted..i was wondering what was up wit them cuz u guys post alot of shit in here ..... if i wanted to connections to i would jus ask that like i already did...and i prolly wouldnt even ask u guys cuz laz knows a bunch....so fucc dat.....and wow, that 15 year old shit is like the opposite ... the industry loves the fact im young....so get ya head straight...

DJC
10-03-06, 07:17 PM
^The UK wouldnt love you cuz your young man...theyd rather pick somebody with experience and you aint got none of what goes down on the UK scene man and i aint tryin to be biased but its true, cuz we do tings differently than the US, and no UK dude would work with a Dj from america who doesnt even know anythin about the scene!

and aint nobody bein ignorant, u was the dude bein ignorant when you said the whole UK scene is garbage eventhough you hadnt heard shit and now u askin for a load of info on the shit, and i doubt st laz does know many dudes from the UK man, and even more, why didnt u ask dude instead of in here, where you last hated in this section :rolleyes:

jonzz
10-03-06, 07:52 PM
word.

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 08:16 PM
^The UK wouldnt love you cuz your young man...theyd rather pick somebody with experience and you aint got none of what goes down on the UK scene man and i aint tryin to be biased but its true, cuz we do tings differently than the US, and no UK dude would work with a Dj from america who doesnt even know anythin about the scene!

and aint nobody bein ignorant, u was the dude bein ignorant when you said the whole UK scene is garbage eventhough you hadnt heard shit and now u askin for a load of info on the shit, and i doubt st laz does know many dudes from the UK man, and even more, why didnt u ask dude instead of in here, where you last hated in this section :rolleyes:

your fuckin stupid,and yeah,hesd oes know major dudes from the uk...hes worked wit them....how da fuck would u know if he knows ppl....

DJC
10-03-06, 08:32 PM
and i dont see how you work out im stupid from me provin my point and makin you look liek a dickhead :rolleyes:

Whos he worked with then? on what songs?...

jonzz
10-03-06, 08:51 PM
who has he worked with

name some artists

i'll see if they are 'BIG'

DJC
10-03-06, 08:53 PM
^haha true, dudes just lyin!

St Laz aint even well known here man, only the people who are on forums liek this and real big hip hop heads will only heard of him, so i dont think a UK dude woudl work with him!

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 09:11 PM
lol,like its bad not to be liked there...ill dig out their names .... s.a.s/mr.probz/dom/graindecaf ones from france ....

and you definitly dont know annything at all bout the industry,,,,,

DJC
10-03-06, 09:16 PM
Lmao, well seeings as im signed, then i know alot more about the UK industry then you :rolleyes:

and you named S.A.S they dont even count as UK dudes, aint nobody liek them here, well hardly anyone, they sell outs, they tryin to be yanks, and the others arent even from the UK, so i dont see how dudes worked with peopel from the UK!

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 09:19 PM
Lmao, well seeings as im signed, then i know alot more about the UK industry then you :rolleyes:

and you named S.A.S they dont even count as UK dudes, aint nobody liek them here, well hardly anyone, they sell outs, they tryin to be yanks, and the others arent even from the UK, so i dont see how dudes worked with peopel from the UK!

jus stfu...u live in your own little world and think everyone else is shit

i aint even gon say anymore...i thought u were cool and i jsu wanted to know a lil bit more bout uk until u gotta start goin and talkin shit

DJC
10-03-06, 09:26 PM
lmfao, i think everythin is shit? S.A.S are sell-outs to the UK scene, so they are...and you was the one who was sayin our scene was shit...so you kinda just contradicted yourself man!

and the reason i started talkin shit, was cuz u said not long back our music is "garbage" so why all of a sudden are you tryin to get all this knowldege about it? cuz a dude you done soem shit with done a song or two with liek the UK's biggest sellouts!...

doodydean
10-03-06, 09:35 PM
word.
Honestly rokz man...you cant say something is shit and then go back on your word and expect the same dudes to give you the low down on a scene you hated on..when you knew fuck all about it

jonzz
10-03-06, 09:44 PM
I like S.A.S tbh

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 09:47 PM
i dont remmeber sayin its shit,i might have said grime was shit but not uk...cuz sas did drop for me and igot love for them but its whatever

doodydean
10-03-06, 09:47 PM
nah dp's right they are sellouts..they moved to america too..think there home but there stil sellouts in my eyes..there whole styles have changed too

and talk about contraversial...i left earlier and there was like half a page of comments and now theres liek 3 going on 4 haha

jonzz
10-03-06, 10:13 PM
nah they moved 2 america because they had scolaships for basketball colleges, but got kicked out so started sellin rocks and living the street life they coming from same direction as most american rappers i dont believe that is "sell out" option AND if they can make there chedder in america then i dont blame them for living there there is more money in rap over there than here and if they are good enuf to get signed by a alabel its not their fault, wud u rather be signed to boy better know broke or signed to dipset rich?

doodydean
10-03-06, 10:16 PM
i see what you mean man..but they are sellouts..there not spitin liek a uk mc so there not getting any love back home

jonzz
10-03-06, 10:22 PM
well they have brought BIGZ / BABY BLUE and other various mc's alot of chance and time on their album in american so i respect the m4that

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 10:28 PM
yo dd,they are banned from america....lol...idk hwo they couldve moved here...lmao

doodydean
10-03-06, 10:31 PM
no...they had scholoships for america and so they moved there....wasteman...and like someone said they fucked up and started dealing drugs and shit....i think they get sent back to england on gun charges or something

jonzz
10-03-06, 10:40 PM
yeh

S.A.S are banned from america LOL

its true story yo.

DJ Rokz
10-03-06, 11:10 PM
no...they had scholoships for america and so they moved there....wasteman...and like someone said they fucked up and started dealing drugs and shit....i think they get sent back to england on gun charges or something

they went to record wit dipset for like a month and got busted...idk wtf your reading LOL

presyce
10-04-06, 02:00 AM
majority of UK like ANYTHING.. they dont know good hiphop, they either love or hate US.. and that determines if they like our music.. everyone in UK who likes hiphop tries to rap and they all SUCK, if i go there nex summer, ima murk all yall & then murk prof green or whoever tha new battle hype is..

lmao.. no hate, jus rationalization, whatever that means..

doodydean
10-04-06, 09:56 AM
lolol^man if you came over here you'd get murked..and to any of the yanks that come over here..they all always go back on a positive note about the people holdin hip hop down here..serious!
I dont hate the us scene at all...its what got me into hip hop...and 9/10 uk hip hop heads will have started with the american scene..so i always thanks them for that..mainly nas paac and talib kweli...so you cant say that shit...

jonzz
10-04-06, 03:56 PM
we arent HIPHOP

we are GRIME.

GRIME IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT TO US HIPHOP/RAP

if u think GRIME HEADS r trying to sound like USHIPHOP/RAP

u fuckin tripping no wayyyyyy

grime is deeper beats more garage beats and shit soooo shh hut yuh muh derkhead

doodydean
10-04-06, 04:09 PM
yeah man grimes on a whole nother level..theres nothing the yanks do that even touches on it

DJC
10-04-06, 04:17 PM
nah they moved 2 america because they had scolaships for basketball colleges, but got kicked out so started sellin rocks and living the street life they coming from same direction as most american rappers i dont believe that is "sell out" option AND if they can make there chedder in america then i dont blame them for living there there is more money in rap over there than here and if they are good enuf to get signed by a alabel its not their fault, wud u rather be signed to boy better know broke or signed to dipset rich?

Yeah they started spittin american, they start tryin 2 be american, but right before the flop of an album drops they release some swag, corny song, "Reppin london town now cheerio", where teh fuck have them dudes been to rep london, they never repped the UK untill they dropped that corny tune! Thats part the reason i thinik they sell outs!

and Rokz, yes they did go over to the US for a basketball scholarship, they didnt go over just for dipset you dickhead, shows how much attention you pay to dudes you work with!

we arent HIPHOP

we are GRIME.

GRIME IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT TO US HIPHOP/RAP

if u think GRIME HEADS r trying to sound like USHIPHOP/RAP

u fuckin tripping no wayyyyyy

grime is deeper beats more garage beats and shit soooo shh hut yuh muh derkhead

Word to this shit, and the shit DD said afterwards!

DJ Rokz
10-06-06, 02:05 AM
yall uk peeps are cocky

doodydean
10-06-06, 08:50 AM
no...were just saying it how it is...

....we aint standing in no ones shadows...deal with it

evila
10-06-06, 11:19 AM
wow wow wow too much hating on the uk in here i gotta say though its fucking solid to get a contract down here coz hip hop isn't the mainstream for the uk thats mostly from the u.s we have shit like pop crap.. and you wonder why we wanna change that shit?
but yeah very soon i'm gonna change that shit with naka mc n we're gonna show everybody around the world that the uk has it locked

oh and garage is fucking SHIT!!!!!!!!

doodydean
10-06-06, 12:33 PM
yeah i see what your saying man...and if your an emcee good looking on that shit

DJC
10-06-06, 03:51 PM
yall uk peeps are cocky

and give me an example of this...