PDA

View Full Version : Akala & Kano Open For Jay Z...

DJC
09-22-06, 04:05 PM
I was at Jay z's concert last night, and it hadnt been stated who the opening acts where, so i was just expecting Rodney P & his Dj and the 1xtra crew to warm the crowd and then after abouta half hour set from Rodney P on stage, out comes Akala unexpectedly...and his shit was bellow par if im being honest, his final 2 songs where alot more livelyer (Carryed Away & Shakespeare) than when he first came out...and then once Akala done his 5 song set, out comes Kano and immediately everyone on the floor was skanikin, and then he starts going through all his released tunes, and then does a hot remic of BabyShams ghetto Story, and then a not bad remix of crazy...and finished it off with a nice performance of Buss It Up!

For Jay's perormance, it was crazy...and whoever that is going to the tour will mos def enjoy it, Jay and Memphis Bleek tear it down, serious...but all teh shit about Lupe being there...he wasnt even at the manchester show :undecided: which was kinda swag...but it was still a crazy performance from Jay and the Dj's and opening Acts!

Ben Jr
09-22-06, 06:15 PM
oh so maybe he aint goin (lupe). GREAT :(

oh well. im goin 2 moz, lets see if someone does go tho

DJC
09-22-06, 06:21 PM
^He might not of just been at the manchester one cause it was the first show...but its still a crazy show anyway man, but id like to of seen Lupe aswell! but even if he doesnt turn up, its still crazy man!

Ben Jr
09-22-06, 06:46 PM
sick man. B-ham got akala, kano, lupe and jay

23 September - NIA Academy / Arena, Birmingham
Supported by Lupe Fiaso, MistaJam, Kano, Akala

DJC
09-22-06, 07:24 PM
Damn, thats a bastard!

Would be sick seeings Lupe live, looks lik ei just gotta wait till he comes back round, alone!

Mamoth
09-22-06, 10:39 PM
yea, i cant wait 4 2mora - all them lot pretty hot

doodydean
09-23-06, 10:24 AM
didnt sound too bad then man, the akala side of it was dissappoitning though...but i guess as it aint his tour he aint going to be goign crazy...so if i can get down to liverpool next month hopefull hell tear it up :D

DJC
09-23-06, 10:28 AM
^haha yup, hopefully he'll be more lively in liverpool!

ive seen him on channel 4 perform at the carling academys, and he looked good,, so hopefully hell be like that at the liverpool one!

doodydean
09-23-06, 10:35 AM
....hopefully:D haha my fav artist fro mthe scene so i dont expect nothing less than sick :D

jonzz
09-23-06, 11:00 AM
someone jus foned me up and offered me a ticket for 22 i said no :]

i HATE jay-z

so i wont be pleased

DJC
09-23-06, 01:55 PM
^Lmao, i wasnt really botherd about it when my girl got me tickets, but it was still a crazy night though!

Ben Jr
09-24-06, 10:25 AM
t'was sick.

Akala = Pretty Poor (he had a sore throat)
Kano=Sick, he got the crowd so pumped
Lupe=Dope
Jay-Z and memph=Off the chain

DJ Green Lantern was there too:o

DJC
09-24-06, 10:35 AM
^yeah green lantern was at the manchester one aswell!

How long was Lupe on for man? Did he do a couple of songs or a long set?

Ben Jr
09-24-06, 11:11 AM
4 tracks (I Gotcha, Kick Push, Day Dreaming and he did sumthin over a gorillaz beat)

DJC
09-24-06, 11:25 AM
It will be off his old mixtape then, he done a whole mixtape spittin over all the beats from the gorrillas last album, worth checkin out!
im gonna hev to try and getto see Lupe if/when he comes back around!

Ben Jr
09-24-06, 11:29 AM
^^^ yeah. i have the mixtape.

Kano ripped up the touch it beat and Gnarls Barkley 'Crazy'

DJC
09-24-06, 11:34 AM
yeah i heard the crazy one when i was at manchester, and he done one over babychams ghetto story!

didnt do teh touch it one though, was it any good?

doodydean
09-24-06, 11:52 AM
mannnn i really shouldda goen when i had the chance :(

Bob
09-26-06, 10:03 AM
lupe was at the london one to...fukin quality and beyonce, lol..

DJC
09-26-06, 03:27 PM
Wasnt nas there aswell man?

thats what i heard, well Nas is on tour for the rest of the UK one with Jay, Beyonce and Lupe...im pissed that i didnt get to see them, and just Jay and Memph Bleek :mad:

-Kontext-
09-28-06, 11:27 AM
yea nas was there aswell....it was fuckin qaulity