PDA

View Full Version : UK DJ's?

doodydean
09-17-06, 09:37 PM
Right does anyone know weres the best place for me to get vynl from uk artist im guessing ebay when theres stuff on there...but like other places ive seen charge a fair bit :(

Also why do most singles not have accapellas on them like all the ones i kopped today theres only the lupe fiasco kick push accapella on there :(

DJC
09-18-06, 04:09 PM
The reason i think less and less vinyls have acapelas on is cuz everybodys turning to mp3's nowadays, so its kinda shitty but ima stay vinyl!
but there are still alot that have acapellas on man!

and for uk vinyls go to www.ukrecordshop.co.uk not very expensive for alot of them aswell!

doodydean
09-18-06, 09:10 PM
props on that link man ill check it out now...also my mother decided to clean my deckls today as they had dust on (from my mate not using them) and a needle cover fell off and so she didnt think anything of it and wiped the arm and shes snapped the needle :msfire2: im off down to maplin tommorrow to ask but doe you or anyone have any idea how much they will cost i feel they shouldnt be too much :(?

DJC
09-18-06, 09:32 PM
Damn, i remember when my mum tryed to clean my decks, and i just caught her at teh last secoind and stopped her!

but they onli cost a few pounds man! nothin expensive really!

doodydean
09-18-06, 09:39 PM
ite thats good then man...and yeah i kinda flipped out at her....i feel kinda bad now...well least she knows not to touch my decks from now on...i guess :D haha

DJC
09-18-06, 09:42 PM
hahahaha yeah, mos def! i get reall annoyed when people touch my stuff, cuz if it was my mum who had payed for them then id let her touch them all she wants, but seeings as she didnt, then i wouldnt trust her...cuz its not as if she knows what shes doing :undecided:

doodydean
09-18-06, 09:44 PM
yeha no shit haha soon as i got the decks my mates were fucking around ith them like not using them seriously and i was slowly getting pissed off haha....but thats just me...or is it just me and you :D haha

DJC
09-18-06, 09:48 PM
lmao, yeah just me and you man...i used to have bare people spittin over the mic and then just tryin to do some crazy mixes, and then tryin to scratch and just fuckin up my needle and vinyl, so i just had to put an end to it all lol!

doodydean
09-18-06, 09:51 PM
haha word ^^^
o yeah another dj question...can i scratch on my decks? like ive had a quick mess around but i didnt want to fuck anyhting up :D

and when im like dropping a beat straight into an accapella...is it called cutting? i think you said it was somethign liek that....if so what was that little sticker secret trick thing you told me about :D

DJC
09-18-06, 10:00 PM
haha! all is about to be revealed, but nah its not cutting man, when you cut something, its basically when you take the tune, make it repeat itself (By looping it) and then having it repeat itself, its hard to explain, ill do a song with some cutting in man, thats the easiest way to do it, and when i get a camera, ill video my hands doin it on teh decks or somethin to help you! and the sticker bit, is just lay a small sticker down on teh vinyl to help you know where something is about to drop, or where something is about to happen, i dont know how to explain it, like i said ill get a video, and ill get you some audio of me cutting! and the sticker thing is just to makr out what your doing on a mix!

and the scratching, yes u can scratch, but dont go overboard and go crazy with it, u just gta be soft when doing it! and especially once youve just got a new needle cuz it will be fragile and not used to all the impact!

doodydean
09-18-06, 10:05 PM
haha safe safe that sorted a few things out man....and yeahhh thats what cuttign is eh...i tred that today its pretty hard....i spun the vynl back and like evertiem i tryed to cut it would liek either go way to far or short its well had :( im a swag dj at the mo but im on the come up :D ill list my vynl i got when i get a chance too
how many single lp's you got man?

DJC
09-19-06, 03:09 PM
haha yeah, it does take a while to get used to man! practise and youll get it soon enough! its easyer if you got electronicn decks that will loop it for you! but they cost alot, theyre more for if you wanna progress with it! and i got 100's of vinyls man, seriously,..all different types of music aswell! i used to blow all my money on them, not as much anymore tho :undecided:

Binsteez
09-19-06, 04:09 PM
shes snapped the needle

Haha I used to always do that as a kid to my dads.

doodydean
09-19-06, 04:36 PM
haha yeah man ive spent alot on them lately...got a needle thing today i got like a new stylus for 10 a diamond cut needle haha fuck knows but they wor kagain :D

DJC
09-19-06, 04:49 PM
haha there the better ones man, cuts down on alot of the cracklin, and its softer ont he vinyls aswell, and i think the stronger, but dont hold me to that one :undecided:

doodydean
09-19-06, 04:54 PM
haha thanks man ill see how long it lasts! ive been messing around mixing today i recorded one or two transitions between songs so ill up them and see what you think haha

DJC
09-19-06, 04:57 PM
haha sfe sfe man, and have you got a usb lead now man?

doodydean
09-19-06, 05:01 PM
nahhh i aint my mixer doesnt have a plug for a usb lead so i cant record straight onto my computer :( how much do they cost exactly? haha

im just converting the file to wma ....youll have to skip into the song to unless you want to hear the song aswell as the switch haha...just upping now....the quality wont be very good though man...and the dj'ing will be shite haha

also i cant cut very well yet either :(

youll have to turn your speakers up too :D

DJC
09-19-06, 05:13 PM
lmao okk man, i take it youve recorded yourself with a microphone doing it then? i just thort u mite of had a usb for it cuz u was ableto up, but ive just realised how! and the usb costs about 15 pounds, but a nex mixer can cost about 40 pounds and up, it is abit expensive, so u mite aswell just stay with what you got now, and then if you want to carry it on, then buy one...just incase you stop using them quite quickly!

and btw, you will get real frustrated alot aswell man, just trying to do a clean switch, and trying to get your beats matching, it does get retty frustrating but if you keep practisin ull be able to do it perfectly in amonth there about!

doodydean
09-19-06, 05:27 PM
haha yeah man my mobil phones got a mic on it :D so ive just used that here it is anyways

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6u6zms

haha ive only switched between 3 diff single on 3 diff lps here.....youll have to turn it your volume up alot but youll get the drift haha its pretty shit but you know me...you can leave some feed:D

and tell em about the frustration haha but im on them like an hour a day...i just need more vinyl to play with....ill record a mix ive been messing around with....lupe fiasco's kick push accapella over the beverly hills cop theme tune hahaha

as for the upgrade yeah ill wait for now and see how it goes!

DJC
09-19-06, 05:35 PM
ite ite man, its better if u are to do that, so you dont waste no money! and ill download the tune now man and leave some feed!

haha id like to hear that beverly hills remix man, that woudld be crazy haha! and yeah, ill just check this mix now and leave some feed on it!

doodydean
09-19-06, 05:47 PM
haha safe safe

Sco101
09-19-06, 05:50 PM
TIM GGG G G-UNIT WESTWOOD
http://www.seabass7.com/img/ImageUploads/timwestwood50centWEB.jpg

:D

lol sorry i thought this topic was about sumthing else

doodydean
09-19-06, 05:53 PM
haha get that shit outta here i hate westwood!

DJC
09-20-06, 03:30 PM
^Lmao word!

and i wasnt able to reply last night, but ive listend to the mix man...its not bad, but on the first transaction, u slow the track down...was that done to beatmatch or just messing around? cuz if it was done to get the two beats at the same tempo, then you shouldve speeded up the track that was coming through next man,a nd then gradually brought it back to the original tempo...but overall, it didnt sound to bad to be honets man!

doodydean
09-20-06, 04:29 PM
haha nah im struggling to beat match at the moment :( so it was just done for effect:D haha
thanks for the feed ill update you as i progress(if i do haha)

DJC
09-20-06, 04:47 PM
haha sfe sfe man, if u need any help/advice or anythin like that aswell, just get at me and ill see what i can do man!

doodydean
09-20-06, 05:01 PM
thanks man :D
i tryed cutting again today its fucking solid....i kinda worked out though that if you wanna skip a single word you like turn the vinyl back like a 3/4 rotation
and as you turn it back you flip the equaliser to the opposite side so that you dont hear that noise it makes when the deck goes backwards.......haha i dont know if that technique is right but i could sure do with some schooling on cutting :D haha

DJC
09-20-06, 05:12 PM
haha yeah, that is basically irght man, it is kinda hard to do at first really man, but it get easyer if u keep practisin, my decks have a loop button on, so i just use that alot of the time, but it does get pretty simple to do if u keep practisin and if you know the vinyl really well!

oh yeah, and you gotta be fast with your hands if your doing cuittin man, cuz if you leave it to long, people will realise uyouve either fucked up or ur just to slow, and the way you doin it man, you should only do that if your doing a mash up, cuz if you cut the crossfader to the other side then your just gonna hear silence, so you should really only do it when your doing a mash up with an acapella and instrumental to start off with man, and if you take it to a higher level and you ever do a club or rave or anythin, then dont try doing a cut on a single record...cuz you fuck up its gonna be silent lol, so its best to do it on a mash up man!

doodydean
09-20-06, 05:32 PM
haha thanks man that helped..id really like a cue button it would be alot easier :( suppose ill have to go oldschool though and learn from the beginner point of view :D im bored of my vynl already i want some new tunes to mix with and some fooking grime!!!! its killing me haha

DJC
09-20-06, 05:48 PM
lmao! you should just keep mixin bare different tunes that youve already got before you go blastin youre money on more man, and if theres nowere around you that sells grime, then go to www.ukrecordshop.co.uk

thats where i get alot of my shit from, cuz independant record stores around here get teh shit a week or to late, so i like to get my shit early, its not very expensive and doesnt take long to get deliverd either man!

doodydean
09-20-06, 05:56 PM
yeah thnaks man i checked that store out but they didnt have any grime tracks..only the instrumentals or accappellas if im right ?

i would like to mess around with stuff liek that but you are right i should just mix what ive got up for now :D...im just fiending for some grime :D

actually i think it just says that haha and there actually tracks aint thy

DJC
09-20-06, 06:40 PM
haha yeah man, they do got full tracks you on the right part man? :what:

Acapellas are pretty hardto get off of ukrecordshop though man, theres not a big of a selection with them, but there are still quite abit on there! all the vinyls on there are full songs man!

doodydean
09-21-06, 08:44 AM
hahaha thanks man yeah under the uk grime section it says accapellas or instrumentals.......but then when you click on them it like displays tracks :D haha