PDA

View Full Version : Def Jam UK Presents... The Battle!

09-06-06, 02:08 PM
Def Jam Recordings is calling all the hottest MCs in the country to battle! From the 21st August to the 22nd September, Def Jam UK is hosting a competition to find the MC with the best rhymes and flow where the winner will be rewarded with two London concert tickets to see the main man, President Carter… Jay-Z!

Rappers in the making have until the 17th September to simply call the Def Jam number (0906 200 8363 - £1/min from BT landline), throw down 16 bars of their best lyrics and then wait for the fans to pick the best. Each week Def Jam will pick the Top 5 spits and upload them onto their Wap site where fans can hear them and then vote for their favourite. The Top 5’s can also be heard at Def Jam UK’s website www.defjam.co.uk. The final Top 5 will be in the grand final and their raps will be on the Wap site from the 19th September to midday on the 22nd September…the day when the winner will be announced.
Def Jam’s Wap site can be found at wap.defjam.co.uk and it is the home to all their mobile content. On the Wap site, fans can buy ringtones and soon it will be extended to include full tracks, videos, speechtones and much, much more. For now, the Wap site is focusing on this amazing competition.

The competition is the first of its kind in the music industry with an approach that encourages music fans’ interaction with their mobile phone. The importance of the mobile phone to music cannot be under-estimated and Def Jam, alongside Wap services provider Graphico, have created a ground-breaking initiative that will increase Wap site traffic, integrate activity across a number of platforms from web to print and point the way to the future untold possibilities.

Raz-E
09-06-06, 03:23 PM
Imma do this :D haha funny if i got picked but someone from london will get this

DJC
09-06-06, 04:07 PM
is this Def Jam UK or The US Def Jam? Cuz if its the US one then whoever wins will get some exposure to the lbel and i hope would get signed...cuz this way you would get a hot UK Mc at Def Jam instead of a swag one like lady sov! And i wouldnt say a London Mc would win...cuz there is a seen and hot Mc's out of London...but its only ever London Mc's that get shown on Channel U...but i think somebody from Wolves Or somewhere on the North West will win it!

doodydean
09-06-06, 04:09 PM
yeah sounds liek a good idea and hopefully a good uk cat gets some exposure from jay and maybe a guest appearence spit at his concert?...well thats what i think theyll have in store ;)

DJC
09-06-06, 04:19 PM
^haha yeah, that is a good idea...maybe it will happen!...cuz just gettin tickets to see jay z live is not much of a prize to be honest :undecided: not if you gotta go through bare rounds spittin your best...when you couldve just bought the tickest for 20 pounds and saved yourself the hassle!

Raz-E
09-06-06, 05:10 PM
its u.k cause jay-z is in u.k end of september... He in manchester too :D but i fuckin hate the bitin jigga dick suckin lips but if i met him i wudnt say it too him haha

DJC
09-06-06, 05:26 PM
Yeah i know that its in the UK...but is it the UK def jam label or US def jam label running it...cuz if its the US one then, decent exposure for a UK artist...but if its the UK def jam and they get offerd a contract...then there doomed cuz there project would never get released!

Raz-E
09-06-06, 06:44 PM
haha lol chea prolly its abit fucked but what uk artist wants to see jay-z anyway :S? thats a whack prize

DJC
09-06-06, 07:02 PM
^yeah i know haha...eventhough ive got tickets to go see him, a Mc who goes through bare rounds merkin bare mans wont just want tickets to see jay...and i personally think its a swag prize...but like DD said, maybe they will get to spit on Jays show or might be an opener! or if it is US Def Jam, then maybe they will fund the Mc's Cd or somethink like that, its all better than tickets for Jay i suppose!

09-06-06, 08:03 PM
Its the UK Def Jam I guess cause "Lady Soverign" is signed to Def Jam and she 4rm the UK they want motre people like her...

DJC
09-06-06, 08:36 PM
^yeah but Shes Signed To The US Def Jam Wit Jay...And The Only People Signed to The UK Def Jam Are Swag Commercialesd "Mc's" Who will never get released...so if that was the people runnin the comp, i wouldnt even enter!

jonzz
09-06-06, 09:52 PM
i would enter but i never rapped before sooooooooooooooooooooooo ill have the advance money and get a nice house.

doodydean
09-06-06, 10:04 PM
i wouldnt mind a shot but..well i guess im lazy and if al lyou get is jay-z tickets...well it aint owrth the hassle...because liek i dont really liek him anyways...well no i dont liek him haha