PDA

View Full Version : The Streets Cover Arctic Monkeys

08-30-06, 04:11 PM
The Streets covered the Arctic Monkeys during their Carling: Weekend Reading Festival set.

Mike Skinner sang the lyrics: “I bet you look good in the dance tent” to a woman in the crowd during his own song ‘Don’t Mug Yourself’.
He continued his tribute to indie during ‘Lets Push Things Forward’ by referencing Razorlight, singing: “In the morning you won’t remember a thing/Because you’ll be off your face.”

The band closed with ‘Fit But You Know It’, where Skinner got members of the crowd to twirl their top around their heads.

DJC
08-30-06, 04:33 PM
I Aint To Keen Of The Streets As A Group To Be Honest...I Like Mike Skinenr More On His Own Ting..But Everytime Ive Seen Them Perform It Looks Pretty Good, So Sounds Like This One Was Aswell!

doodydean
08-30-06, 04:33 PM
haha funny...why want monkeys there then? or aint they togetehr no more..i heard there bassist left or something....

DJC
08-30-06, 04:35 PM
^Dunno About That Like...I Remeber When We Had The Artic Monkeys Section...Someboddy Did Post Up They Were Splitting...But Dunno Wether Thay Have Or Not Myself :undecided:

doodydean
08-30-06, 04:37 PM
Yeah i presumed that they had done man...but fuck knows haha :D

jonzz
08-30-06, 07:09 PM
they got a bassist.