PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Akala As Best Hip Hop Act At This Year's Mobo Awards

doodydean
08-28-06, 09:47 AM
VOTE FOR AKALA AS BEST HIP HOP ACT AT THIS YEAR'S MOBO AWARDS

AKALA has been nominated for a 2006 MOBO Award in the Best Hip Hop category together with Kanye West, Busta Rhymes, Kano and Sway. This year members of the public can vote online and have a say in who wins the awards. To vote for Akala go the MOBO AWARDS HOME PAGE (http://www.mobo.com/Awards.html)

Once there Click on "Nominations" and then on "Best Hip Hop". Click on Akala's photo at the top right and then on "Click Here to Vote For Me". Simple.

Thank you to all the fans who have supported Akala and keep spreading the word.

jonzz
08-28-06, 11:05 AM
I think Sway deserves it more.

doodydean
08-28-06, 11:07 AM
fuck no man...you not been following akala...if it was upto me id give akala it hands down...sway has definatly done his part thoguh theres no denying it

Ben Jr
08-28-06, 11:28 AM
Akala is wack

way overated

doodydean
08-28-06, 11:37 AM
The more you seem to say ben the less i think you know anything about the uk scene....the us bandwagon awaits you, sir

jonzz
08-28-06, 04:46 PM
I think for the time being Sway has opened alot more doors to UK HIPHOP than AKALA has done atm, yes akala has done his fair bit but SWAY has got more people involved..

DJC
08-28-06, 07:37 PM
Nah...i dont think sway desereves it...yes hes played his part in helpin the scene...but i dont appreciate sway as much as some other srtists...akala grinded alot more than sway to get his shit out there aswell...its harder for akala having to step out of his sisters shadow and be recignised more than sway juat to come out along with bigz...

and ben...how you gon say akala's over rated when youve got dre in your sig...and dude doesnt even write his own verse's...go hop on the bandwagon...

Ben Jr
08-28-06, 08:42 PM
I think Dre is overated (not for his beats) soesnt mean i dont like him

08-28-06, 10:17 PM
Voted

jonzz
08-28-06, 10:37 PM
Akala made one of the hottest tunes this year i admit ROLL WID US is fire but! Sway has helped move the scene into the spotlight alot more than akala imo, akala has helped but not as much as sway. get me?

DJC
08-29-06, 06:03 PM
Yeah...i agree sway has moved teh scene forward aot more than akala! but i still think akala deserves it...cuz sway came onto the scene along with bigz...so its kinda easyer when youve got a dude who's making bangers backin u! but for akala, he had to step from behind his siters shadow and still remain gritty without falling off, cuz he couldve just went alot more commercial when he came out to become bigger than Ms. D! but he just remained doin his ting and became big from that...but im sure this disscussion would never get settled! lol

jonzz
08-30-06, 12:32 AM
lol well ill settle it here:

i voted for sway u voted for akala

each to their own.

DJC
08-30-06, 12:16 PM
haha safe!

Ben Jr
08-30-06, 12:28 PM
i feel that sway did more for the scene.

But anyway just cus i aint a fan of Akala dont mean i dont kno nutthin about UKHH. I personally prefer the UK battle rappers (Whas' is face, Mic Assassin, Pro Gren)

holly89
08-30-06, 01:20 PM
Akala is wack

way overated

u dont no wat ur saying :(

DJC
08-30-06, 02:12 PM
^True True. Thank You!

Ben Jr
08-30-06, 02:26 PM
i do. all the tracks i heard from him on Channel U were trash. Dat biy Akala is a disgrace

DJC
08-30-06, 04:29 PM
^thats off a mixtape...he only done that to get low deep recognised...and the only other one theyve played on channel u was roll wid us...and thats the biggest tune of the year...so obviously you dont know what your talkin about!

doodydean
08-30-06, 04:35 PM
Word...no offence ben

jonzz
08-30-06, 07:10 PM
roll wid us is good but the neckle camp version on straight necklin is better.

DJC
08-30-06, 07:23 PM
^Errrr...Dunno, They Just As Good As Eachother I Think...The D'explicit Remix Is Better Than All Of Them I Think Though...Yano The One With Jammer, Riko And That On!

jonzz
08-30-06, 07:25 PM
aint heard that one :[

DJC
08-30-06, 07:32 PM
^You Want Me To Up It Man?

and Nice Avy ;) haha

jonzz
08-30-06, 07:57 PM
ma pc aint got no sound man

i got a ghetto pc.

DJC
08-30-06, 08:04 PM
Haha Sfe Sfe Man Lol!

Its A Sick Tune Though...Its A Real Grimey Tune Aswell...Cuz they Added A Sample Of POW In The Background...Well It Sounds Liek Its Pow Anyway!