PDA

View Full Version : Lady Sovereign Watches On As Album Release Is Shifted Yet Again

08-22-06, 03:14 PM
Lady Sovereign is gaining momentum and an expanding fan base as her major label debut on Def Jam, Public Warning, is approaching its release date. Fans, however, will have to wait a couple week's longer than previously stated, as Def Jam slides the UK's favorite lady back two weeks.

As SoundSlam reported in late-July, Lady Sov was actually scheduled to precede the original release date, thus initiating the album to be pushed forward. Now, the 'biggest midget in the game' is experiencing a reversal. Public Warning will now see store shelves come October 17th, rather than the previous date, October 3rd.

Public Warning is being hailed by many critics as a strong piece of work and celebrates Lady Sovereign's verbal skills. Blender magazine stated, "Britain's finest MC is a five-foot-one white girl from the wrong side of town. Lady Sovereign hates being compared to Eminem, which is hard to avoid these days if you're A) white, B) a rapper and C) really, really good."

DJC
08-22-06, 05:48 PM
Lady Sovereign is gaining momentum and an expanding fan base as her major label debut on Def Jam, Public Warning, is approaching its release date. Fans, however, will have to wait a couple week's longer than previously stated, as Def Jam slides the UK's favorite lady back two weeks.

:strange: :shock: Thats bullshit right there...im sure more people like her in the US than what we do here...all the yanks always seem to call him the uks favourite and teh best from the uk...and its all bullshit...if they gon talk about the favourites in the UK scene then they shoudl atleast look into who we liek and dont liek out here...i bet jay only signed her cause he thought hed get more sales from teh UK...if he wanted that, he shouldve signed shystie or no lay or baby blue...not the wackest of them all, lady sov!

Syk Dyssturbd
08-22-06, 09:07 PM
She has fans?! :what:

I didn't even think she had any. Lmao.

Oh and if I was compared 2 Eminem.....I'd be greatful, thatz a fuckin' bitch right there not bein' greatful of bein' compared 2 a legend. She doesn't even deserve to be compared 2 him. Only rapper she should be compared 2 is Sarai or Vanilla Ice. :sealedlips:

DJC
08-22-06, 09:26 PM
^^^All the commercial(ish) white rappers that come out from the UK nowadays get compared to eminem...its fuckin stupid, jus cause they the same colour dont mean they the same person and shit...if i was white and i got compared to eminem, id be pissed off anyway...no disrespects to eminem, but i wouldnt want to be compared to another rapper just cuz i was to be white!

Xpress Urself
08-22-06, 09:30 PM
i wonder who really gonna cop her shit!

DJC
08-22-06, 09:38 PM
^^^Doubt anybody will...ima download it to see if theres anythin interestin from the UK terms...but im sure as hell aint gonna buy it! i doubt many people will...its evident shes gonna flop!

Syk Dyssturbd
08-22-06, 10:06 PM
Maybe itz cuz SHE SUCKS! I make fun of her on my mixtape, itz gonna be hilarious if I keep what I got. ;)

08-22-06, 10:50 PM
Shes wack

The Wat Now
08-23-06, 09:10 AM
C) really, really good - She's a disappointment to the british name

People under-rate british music there are better people then her in the u.k
i don't know why jay-z dont come down and sign somebody like kano, lethal b or sway etc....

DJC
08-23-06, 04:11 PM
^^^Honestly, i wouldnt like to see any uk artists sign to an american label...cuz nobody knows the UK scene more than a UK label...but if jay did come over here to look for some talent, and if he took one look at shystie spittin he would drop lady sov right there and snap shystie up...she's fire and alot better than sova nd everybody loves her here...and thats hard to accomplish when your a female MC!

chinaman
08-23-06, 04:56 PM
i dont even notice dat she got a album out, damn