PDA

View Full Version : John Legend to Release "Once Again" on October 24

08-19-06, 04:55 PM
R&B singer John Legend is planning to release the follow-up to his 2004 Sony Urban debut "Get Lifted" on October 24 with the release of "Once Again."

Legend is enlisting the likes of Kanye West, Raphael Saadiq and Will.I.Am to handle production on the project and wrote seven songs in his first five days working on the album, including the single "Save Room."

"I didn't go into the new album thinking about the Grammys I had won," Legend tells Billboard. "It's one of the greatest challenges of writing music-for it to not sound like what you think it's supposed to sound like or sound like the last album."

"The mind state we kept while working on this record was one of hunger, humility and fear," will.i.am says. "Since John and I first met, both of us have sold a lot of albums and won a bunch of Grammys. But we didn't think about that."

Legend spent around six months working on the album and recorded around 30 tracks.

"It was one of the most productive periods of my life," he says. "I was focused only on music. For the first time I didn't have to worry about school or a job."

Source: Billboard

DJC
08-19-06, 09:59 PM
Propz man...im mos def gonna cop this! his last album was striaght fire in my opinion!