PDA

View Full Version : American BET Reporting On Grime (Video Inside)

DJC
08-16-06, 01:13 PM
Well I Said A While Back That B.E.T Will Be Reporting On Grime Soon And They Did...So I Have Now Finally Got Video! Hopefully Some Americans Seen This On BET Or Will Watch It Now And Hopefully They Gain Some More Respect On What Our Movement Out Here Is...And How We Do It! It Also Educates About How It Came Up And What Its All About...Its Nice To Watch Overall!

The Chop Up - BET:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkfqnW8bWTc

Scope
08-16-06, 02:12 PM
We keep it real over here. "Were not a street crew...we just do street stuff...
sometimes"-N.A.S.T.Y lmao, that's a lie. It's good that they reported on this.
This will help people outside understand what its really like and why they do
what they do.

I still don't know the difference between UK Hip Hop and Grime. Cause the two
still involve rapping and there are still emcees. But whats the difference?

DJC
08-16-06, 02:20 PM
Its the beat man...if you listen to beats from artits liek Nasty crew, or kano, or lethal b...and then go listen to a beat from skinnyman, klashnekoff, sway (to some extent) its alot different...the beats in grime are more up tempo and the MC's spit alot more up tempo...but also, the rhyming is alot more basic which allows them 2 spit quicker rhymes and makes you move! its hard to explain, its just listen to a tune from skinnyman and then listen to lethal bizzle - pow...you will see the difference!

chinaman
08-16-06, 02:52 PM
brapppppp, uk shit gettin da credit now man, hope kana, jme skepta etc kept doin dere thing dnt fall off man

DJC
08-16-06, 03:03 PM
Wordd man!

JME Will be everywhere come next year! with the whole boy better know following with him! its gonna be big in the UK next year!

doodydean
08-25-06, 10:23 PM
good vid to watch man finally shedding some light on the real sides to the grime scene

Xpress Urself
08-26-06, 01:25 AM
dont get it twisted it looks garbage to me xpecially tha beats thats shits like some techno joints n they rappin faster i can barely understand shit these niggas talkin about.am just not feelin it..i doubt if any grime artist would make it in hiphop

doodydean
08-26-06, 07:15 AM
well thats were your wrong many of them have some even going over to us

fair enough if you aint feeling it....but i guess thats because you aint listened to music outside the box shall i say

Ben Jr
08-26-06, 12:28 PM
grime is crap, has to be sed.

UKHH aint bad i like artists such as

Dynamite MC (not miss dynamite)
Taz
Professor Green
Streets
Kano (some)
Sway

DJC
08-26-06, 12:42 PM
^^^Well Kano Is Grime & Taz Is Boreder Line Grime...he Came Up On Channel U Spittin Grime...So You Cant Reali Say Grime Is Crap If 2 Out Of 6 Artists You Just Named Are Grime! You Say You Dont Like Grime But You Like The Streets? You Know How Many Grime Tunes Theyve Done?! N Also, Nearly 90% Of Mike Skinners Label Is Grime...Alot People Hate On Grime, But Its The Biggest Thing In The UK Music Scene Rigth Now, Even Them Dudes Who Are Music Critics Say It...Most People Just Dont Appreciate Music They Aint Used To, Thats Why So Many Hate On Grime!

doodydean
08-26-06, 03:00 PM
Most People Just Dont Appreciate Music They Aint Used To, Thats Why So Many Hate On Grime!

Couldnt have said it better

Ben Jr
08-26-06, 03:18 PM
^^^Well Kano Is Grime & Taz Is Boreder Line Grime...he Came Up On Channel U Spittin Grime...So You Cant Reali Say Grime Is Crap If 2 Out Of 6 Artists You Just Named Are Grime! You Say You Dont Like Grime But You Like The Streets? You Know How Many Grime Tunes Theyve Done?! N Also, Nearly 90% Of Mike Skinners Label Is Grime...Alot People Hate On Grime, But Its The Biggest Thing In The UK Music Scene Rigth Now, Even Them Dudes Who Are Music Critics Say It...Most People Just Dont Appreciate Music They Aint Used To, Thats Why So Many Hate On Grime!
Kano is a bit grime. Thats why i dont like him. i dont even kno of mike skinners label.

so Grime sucks, no imagination to it

DJC
08-26-06, 07:21 PM
^^^No imagination? :rolleyes:

liek i said...people dont appreciate what theyre not used to...u obviously havnt listend 2 grime in the last few years then...

and you just said you dont liek kano...but earlier on u said u do like kano! :rolleyes:

Come next year, when grime goes big (witch it is about to do) i bet you will be one of the dudes hoppin on the bangwagon...watch this space...

Ben Jr
08-26-06, 08:17 PM
grime is crap, has to be sed.

UKHH aint bad i like artists such as

Dynamite MC (not miss dynamite)
Taz
Professor Green
Streets
Kano (some)
Sway

Grime aint nutthin its a disgrace. Im too used to it, all over wack-ass channel U

DJC
08-26-06, 08:31 PM
^^^Yeah, Channel U is biased...thats why u hardly ever see dudes from outside of London...so that just proves my point from before...you need to check what your talkin about before you start hatin man...grimes harder than all us bullshit lately! go check some real spitters from the uk instead of channel u dudes and see if you can still say that...ill even up music from a dude from liverpool Young Kof (hes blowin up the channel u charts with a song called Where Did We Go Wrong?)...one of the hottest mc's for a long time and see if you can say ALL grime is shit...u need to check different areas instead of teh reptitive stuff thats played on chu!